Dr. Roberto Parra Saldivar: Leading Researcher in Carbon nanodots for toxic elements sensign
🎉 Congratulations Dr. Roberto Parra Saldivar on Winning the Most Cited Article Award! 🏆 Your dedication to research, mentorship, and collaboration with international teams is truly commendable. This award is a testament to your outstanding work and the impact it has on the broader community.
- Number of Articles: +260
- Number of Book Chapters: 20
- Number of Patents: 18
- Number of Total Citations: 10549
- H-index (Scopus): 46
- H-index (Google Scholar): 53
Report of Scholarship Peer-reviewed publications in print or other media
- Escamilla E.M., Dendooven L., Magana I., Parra R. and De la Torre M. (2000) Optimization of gibberellic acid production by immobilized Gibberella fujikuroi mycelium in fluidized bioreactors. Journal of Biotechnology, 76:147-155.
- Mitchell D., Parra R., Aldred D. and Magan N (2004) Water and temperature relations on growth and ochratoxin A production by Aspergillus carbonarius strains from grapes in Europe and Israel. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 97:439-445.
- Parra R. and Magan N (2004) Modelling the effect of temperature and water activity on growth of Aspergillus niger strains and applications for food spoilage moulds. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 97:429-438.
- Parra R., Aldred D., Archer D.B. and Magan N (2004) Water activity, solute and temperature modify growth and spore production on wild type and genetically engineered Aspergillus niger strains. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 35:232-237.
- Parra R., Aldred D. and Magan N (2005) A novel immobilised design for the production of the heterologous protein lysozyme by a genetically engineered Aspergillus niger strain. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 67:336-344.
- Parra R., Aldred D. and Magan N (2005) Medium optimization for the production of the secondary metabolite squalestatin S1 by a Phoma sp. combining orthogonal design and response surface methodology. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 37:704-711.
- Teerapatsakul C., Parra R., Bucke C and Chitradon L (2007) Improvement of laccase production from Ganoderma sp. KU-Alk4 by medium engineering. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 23:1519–1527.
- Vanhulle S., Radman R., Parra R., Cui T., Bols C-M, Tron T., Sannia G, and Keshavarz T (2007) Effect of mannan oligosaccharide elicitor and ferulic acid on enhancement of laccases production in liquid cultures of bacidiomycetes. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 40:1712-1718.
- Murphy T., Parra R., Radman R., Roy I., Harrop A., Dixon K., and Keshavarz T (2007) Novel application of oligosaccharides as elicitors for the enhancement of bacitracin A production in cultures of Bacillus licheniformis. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 40:1518-1523.
- Teerapatsakul C., Bucke C., Parra R., Keshavarz T. and Chitradon L (2008) Dye decolourisation by laccase entrapped in copper alginate. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 24:1367–1374.
Other peer-reviewed publications
- Sanchez-Gonzalez M., Blanco-Gámez A., Parra R., Mateos-Diaz J.C. and Estrada AMI (2012) Lipases and Phospholipases. Series: Methods in Molecular Biology, Sandoval, Georgina (Ed.). Chapter 3: Study of New Feruloyn Esterases to Understand Lipase Evolution: The Case of Bacillus Flexus. Humana Press Hardcover, ISBN: 978-1-61779-600-5. (861): 69-77.
- Sergent M., Parra R and Dantigny P (2012) Predictive Mycology, Series: Advances in Food Safety and Food Microbiology. Philippe Dantigny (Ed.). Chapter 3: Experimental designs. ISBN: 978-1-61942-684-9.
- Magan N., Geisen R., Schmidt-Heydt M., and Parra R. (2012) Predictive Mycology, Series: Advances in Food Safety and Food Microbiology. Philippe Dantigny (Ed.). Chapter 10: Integrated molecular and ecophysiological data for modelling mycotoxin production. ISBN: 978-1-61942-684-9.
- Chuck-Hernandez C., Parra-Saldívar R., and Sandate-Flores L (2015) Pitaya (Stenocereus spp.) Encyclopedia of Food and Health (FOHE). In Encyclopedia of Food and Health, edited by Benjamin Caballero, Paul M. Finglas and Fidel Toldrá, Academic Press, Oxford, 2016, Pages 385-391, ISBN 9780123849533, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-384947-2.00775-3.
Non-peer reviewed scientific or medical publications/materials in print or other media Proceedings of meetings or other non-peer reviewed research publications
- Junghanns C., Parra R., Keshavarz T. & Schlosser D (2008) Optimization of laccase production by aquatic ascomycetous fungi. 4th European meeting of oxizymes Helsinki, Finland.
- Junghanns C., Parra R., Jaouani A., Demarche P., Nair R.R., Agathos S.N (2010) Cross- linked laccase aggregates from Coriolopsis polyzona – Optimization of production and partial characterization, ASM 110th general meeting, San Francisco, United States of America, Final program (ISBN 978-1-55581-624-7), p. 79, May 23-27.
- Magan M., Geisen R., Schmidt-Heydt M, Parra R, and Abdel-Hadi
Dr. Omar Otoom: Leading Researcher in Structural Engineering
🎉 Congratulations Dr. Omar Otoom on Winning the Best Researcher Award! 🏆 Your dedication to research, mentorship, and collaboration with international teams is truly commendable. This award is a testament to your outstanding work and the impact it has on the broader community.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
University of Southern Queensland, August 2022, QLD, Australia
- M.Eng. Studies in Structural Engineering
University of Sydney, August 2009, NSW, Australia
- M.Eng. Science in Construction Management
University of New South Wales, October 2003, NSW, Australia
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering (Structural)
Jordan University of Science and Technology, June 2000
Structural Design Engineer
Hychem Infrastructure Solutions, Brisbane, Australia
February 2023 – Present
- Executed Material Take Off Orders for accurate project material estimates.
- Developed Excel design calculation packages for FRP wrapping systems.
- Communicated with engineers to acquire professional expertise.
University of Southern Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
February 2019 – June 2022
- Thesis Title: Behavior of circular columns strengthened by glass fibre reinforced polymer wrapping system
- Investigated flexural behavior of reinforced concrete and timber columns.
- Developed finite element models using ABAQUS software.
- Conducted parametric studies on axial and flexural behavior.
Fahad Bin Sultan University, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
September 2012 – September 2018
- Taught courses in Construction Management, Engineering Economy, and more.
- Utilized e-learning systems for course management.
Jerash Private University, Jerash, Jordan
February 2011 – September 2012
- Taught courses in Construction Materials, Dynamics, and more.
- Developed curriculum and course materials.
Gulf Engineering House, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
January 2010 – October 2010
- Reviewed design plans, prepared engineering reports.
- Conducted on-site inspections.
- Managed project updates and resource allocation.
Project Engineer and Supervisor
Ali Atoum for Engineering Consultations, Amman, Jordan
June 2000 – June 2002
- Prepared construction plans and schedules.
- Supervised multi-personnel operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ABAQUS, Strand7, AutoCAD.
- Strong presentation, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Flexural behaviour of circular reinforced concrete columns strengthened by GFRP wrapping system
- Flexural behaviour of circular timber columns strengthened by GFRP wrapping system
- Experimental and numerical evaluation of the compression behaviour of GFRP wrapped infill materials
- Experimental and numerical analysis on the effectiveness of GFRP wrapping system on timber pile rehabilitation
🎯 Summary: Skilled in enhancing research with accuracy and precision. Dedicated to executing protocols to meet study objectives and requirements. Looking to establish myself in a position where I can demonstrate my initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity to the best of my abilities. I believe that my skills, which include a calm demeanor and strong communication, will enable me to be successful.
🎉 Congratulations Dr. Md Moklesur Rahman on Winning the Most Reader’s Article Award! 🏆 Your dedication to research, mentorship, and collaboration with international teams is truly commendable. This award is a testament to your outstanding work and the impact it has on the broader community.
- 📚 Professor (May 2023 to Present): Department of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
- 🎓 Associate Professor (April 2018 to April 2023): Department of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
- 👨🏫 Assistant Professor (February 2014 to March 2018): Department of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
- 📖 Lecturer (December 2010 to January 2014): Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
- 🌐 Postdoctoral Fellow (September 2019 to August 2021): Seismology (Seismic hazard assessment), Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- 🎓 PhD Fellow (Sep. 2014 to December 2017): Seismology (Seismic hazard assessment), Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
- 🌏 Research Fellow (March 2008 to December 2010): Sustainable Arsenic Mitigation Project (SASMIT), a multinational Collaboration Research cum Implementation Project funded by Swedish Sida.
- 🧪 Research Assistant (January 2007 to February 2008): Geophysics Laboratory, Department of Geology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
RESEARCH INTEREST: Natural hazards assessment, seismic hazard assessment, seismic source characterization, Vs30 determination using in situ methods; climate-induced hazards (drought, sea water intrusion, etc.) assessment.
COLLABORATION WORKS WITH INTERNATIONAL TEAMS:
- International team on the study of crustal and mantle structure beneath the Himalayan Orogeny belt and its shallow response.
- MELBU: More entrepreneurial life in Bangladeshi Universities (Capacity building project).
- SASMIT (Sustainable Arsenic Mitigation) Project, a Swedish Sida funded Research cum Implementation Project.
- Sub-Project (CP-309) on “Seawater Intrusion and Presence of Radioactive Heavy Minerals in the Groundwater Aquifer at Hotel-Motel Zone of Cox’s Bazar Paleobeach Area.”
- PhD in Geology, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, China (2017).
- MS thesis at KTH, Sweden (2010).
- MS in Geology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (2005).
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Geology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (2004).
STUDENTS’ THESIS/PROJECT WORK SUPERVISION:
- Undergraduate level: 22; Master level: 7
- Postgraduate level: 1 (M.Phil); PhD level: 1
- Experienced in operating the Mc-Ohm and SARIS Resistivity Meters for Geophysical Resistivity Soundings Survey.
- Skilled in operating a variety of laboratory equipment for groundwater sampling.
- Postdoctoral Fellow: CAS President’s International Fellowship Initiative (PIFI) in ITPCAS, Beijing, China (2019-2021).
- PhD fellowship: CAS-TWAS President Fellowship 2014-15 at ITPCAS, Beijing, China (2014-2017).
- Linnaeus-Palme academic exchange Scholarship (KTH, Sweden), 2009.
- ‘Merit Scholarship’ from Dhaka University at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS/ COURSE WORKS:
- International Training course on seismology, seismic data analysis, hazard assessment, and risk mitigation.
- Summer School on Entrepreneurship organized by the MELBU (hosted by the Leipzig University, Germany and Maritime University Poland).
- International training on science diplomacy, 2020 organized by AAAS-TWAS.
- Capacity building on higher education teachers of Bangladesh on using and creating open education resources.
- Member, Bangladesh Geological Society
- Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS)
- Japan Geoscience Union
COUNTRY OF WORK EXPERIENCE AND VISITED:
- English: Good (Speaking, Reading, Writing)
- Bengali: Mother Tongue (Excellent Speaking, Excellent Reading, Good Writing)
- Chinese: Fair (Speaking, Reading, Writing)
- Advisor- Research Cell (Publication division) Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh (Since 2019).
- Student Advisor and Course Coordinator: Second Year of B.Sc (hons.) students of Petroleum and Mining Engineering Department, JUST.
- Chairman of the Examination committee for the Second Year of B.Sc (hons.) students of Petroleum and Mining Engineering Department, JUST.
- Member of the Examination committee for the first Year of B.Sc (hons.) students of Petroleum and Mining Engineering Department, JUST.
- PhD(AI), MSc(Big Data), MSc(Networking), BSc(Eng.), ACMA(UK), CGMA(USA), AMIE(SL)
- Best Paper: Microsoft Award (Cybersecurity, HFES 2020)
- Best Paper: CSIRO Award (AJCAI 2022)
- “Global Knowledge Sharing” Award for Best Technical Publication (Virtusa 2003)
- Multiple Australian Scholarships: UQ RTP, ARC LP for PhD
💼 Work Experience
University of Queensland, Brisbane
- Sessional Academic & Research Assistant (01/2019 – Present)
- Lead Tutor: Computer Networks, High-Performance Computing
- AI/ML Mentor for Summer and Internship Projects
- Presenter: High-Performance Compute GPU Clusters, ML Pipelines
Freelance AI ML and Software Consultant/Developer, Remote (01/2006 – Present)
- Advanced skills in C++, OS, Automation, Integration, DevOps, Cloud Management, Google Technologies, Data Engineering, Software Development, AI/ML.
Mailot – Founder CTO, Brisbane (01/2023 – 06/2023)
- GPT-3 Productivity SaaS Startup
- NLP and Human Inputs for Augmented Responses
- Integration of OpenAI, Langchain, Vector Databases with Node.js on Vercel
AMZ Consulting Pty Ltd, Sydney – Consultant/Trainer (05/2023 – Present)
- PowerBI, Modelling, DAX, Integrations
TeleMARS, Brisbane – Lead AI ML Engineer and Researcher (04/2023 – Present)
- AI Architecture Design, AI Analytics Solution Design
- Development and Solution Delivery Management
Space Platform, Brisbane – Head ML (06/2019 – 06/2020)
- Privacy Preserving Query and Intent Identification Algorithms
- Research on IOS and Android’s Randomized MAC Addresses
- Data Engineering, ETL Operations, ML Model Design and Implementation
Capital Staffing, London – Software Developer (10/2017 – 07/2018)
- C#, .NET MSSQL Server, DevOps, Cloud Services
Central Bank of Sri Lanka – Senior Assistant Director (05/2005 – 10/2022)
- AI ML Big Data Initiatives
- Data Science and Analysis Teams Coaching
- Implementation of Strategic IT Needs
- Surveillance, Authentication, Access Control Systems Oversight
Virtusa Corporation, Colombo – Software Engineer (R&D) (05/2004 – 08/2004)
- Managed R&D Portal, Global Technology Center Consultation
- “Global Knowledge Sharing” Award for Best Technical Whitepaper
MillenniumIT (London Stock Exchange Group) – Application Engineer (08/2003 – 05/2004)
- Global Support, Technical Advice to Capital Market Clients
- Performance Benchmarking, Real-time Multithreaded C/C++ Code Development
🎓 Educational/Professional Qualifications
- PhD Candidate, Tutor, Research Assistant, University of Queensland (2019 – 2023)
- MSc Big Data Science, Queen Mary, University of London (2017 – 2018)
- MSc Computer Science, Networking, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2004 – 2006)
- BSc Computer Science & Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (1999 – 2003)
🏆 Special Achievements/Publications
- Google Research Profile: Link
- “Microsoft Best Paper Award: Cybersecurity Technical Group” (2020)
- “Global Knowledge Sharing” Award for Best Technical Publication (Virtusa 2003)
🤝 Positions of Responsibility
- International Reviewer – Multiple AI ML Journals (2022 – Onwards)
- Operational Committee Member – WiT Cyber Review Committee, Queensland (2023 – 2024)
- Coordinator – Chess & Drafts Games, Central Bank Recreation Club (2010 – 2017)
- Chief Examiner – Institute of Bankers, Sri Lanka (2009 – 2017)
- Volunteer Work with ADB to Create Computer-Aided Educational Software for Schools (2004)
📚 Lateral Courses Completed
- Macro Econometric Forecasting, IMF, Institute for Capacity Development, 2016
- Financial Programming and Policies, Part 2: Program Design, IMF, 2012
- Data, AI, Machine Learning Engineering
- Software Development (Python, C++, C#)
- AI ML (GPTx, Langchain Models, TensorFlow)
- DevOps and Cloud Management (Azure, AWS)
- Google Technologies (Data Studio, Firebase, Cloud Firestore)
- Data Engineering (PowerBi, Tableau, DAX, Python-based Web Scraping)
- Compulsive Learner, Geek, Mentor, Startup Enthusiast, Food Critic, Travel Addict
🎉 Awards and Recognitions
- Best Paper Awards (Microsoft, CSIRO)
- Global Knowledge Sharing Award (Virtusa)
- Australian Scholarships (UQ RTP, ARC LP)